Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nomansland

Nomansland by Lesley Hauge was recommended to me on Librarything.com and I am very glad it did. This book was great!

The book follows the life of a young girl named Keller who was born and raised in a small community of women only, called Foundland. Keller and the other teenage girls live tough lives, training to become the Patrol over Foundland.
These girls have been told of a great disease that killed almost everyone in the "Time Before" and now the few remaining men in the world are mutant creatures who are the enemy.


But, Keller soon discovers secrets about the older women in Foundland and realize that everything they have been preaching is a lie!

I loved the way this story was written. Because Keller couldn't share her findings with anyone, she had to figure it out on her own and as the pieces fell into place I felt like I was discovering the secrets with her.

The ending of the book leaves the reader on a kind of cliff hanger that points to a definite sequel but the author has said she's currently working on a prequel, which could be just as interesting!

I look forward to that, and a possible conclusion :)

No comments: